vision & Mission
Our goal is that prayer is active, alive and an important way for HIS people to come into a deeper, more intimate love relationship with GOD and experience HIS presence through worship, praise, and prayer. Active, purposeful and unceasing prayer is an important means to discern GOD’s direction and leading for our lives and for our Church. Prayer is a way He transforms us through the holiness of our FATHER, the love of CHRIST and working of the HOLY SPIRIT. This results in a greater obedience to the FATHER, a greater exercising of our authority to do HIS work through JESUS love and a greater releasing of the HOLY SPIRIT’s power and love. All honor and glory and praise goes to GOD when HIS will brings salvation and healing, defeating the works of Satan.
We work toward this vision by providing opportunities to pray with the intent of experiencing GOD and growing in love for HIM. We desire this experience for both the persons praying and receiving prayer. The Prayer Ministry uses mentoring and teaching through classes, workshops and visitation to help people grow in their ability to hear GOD and pray in HIS will. We pray for the people’s need during or after service or special events or for requests submitted for people who are available to prayer ( Prayer Chain).
1. The most important value is the greatest commandment, “ You shall love the LORD your GOD with all your heart, and all your soul and with all your mind (Matt22:36-37).” Out of our loving relationship with GOD comes our ability to pray for others in alignment with GOD’s will for that person.
2. The second commandment “You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Matt 22:39)” is intimately tied to and naturally flows from our focus on the greatest commandment. CHRIST is our example of acting with GODs agape love and agape is a fruit of the HOLY SPIRIT
3. The Great Commission, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER, and the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT (Matt 28:19) is a focus of the Prayer Ministry. We pray for the salvation of our unsaved loved ones and others who are not in the Kingdom of Heaven
4. All praise, honor and glory goes to GOD for victories that HE brings through prayer. We are blessed by participating with GOD in bringing HIS will into the situation and by experiencing more of who GOD is and seeing HE is worthy of all glory and honor and praise.
5. JESUS gives believers HIS authority and power to pray against earthly powers and principalities (Luke 10:19) and through prayer to bring more of the Kingdom of heaven to earth (Matt 6).
6. The Prayer Ministry values expression of the fruit of SPIRIT (Gal 5:22) in ministry partners when they pray for others. The fruit of agape love is required of those when they pray for someone (1 Cor 13:1-8). We pray that the agape love of CHRIST is expressed through us as we pray for others
7. The Prayer Ministry believes that all the SPIRITUAL gifts are active in the Church today (1 Cor 12, 13,14). The Prayer Ministry desires to fully use those gifts given by the HOLY SPIRIT to prayer ministry partners to help us pray in JESUS’ name. The expressions of these gifts are always tested against the WORD of GOD as given in the Bible.